New
Find
Notify
Tools

bolt stop problems...
 Login/Join

<David Boren>
posted
I have a Remington ADl synthetic and am having trouble with my bolt stop. I push the button in front of the trigger and slide out the bolt, the bolt stop does not return up, I have to manually pull the button down to get the stop back up. I am guessing that the spring that controls the return of this mechanism has come unhooked, but if it is not that, I have no clue. I have had the trigger pull reduced to 2.5 pounds, but it has worked fine for a long time with no signs of failure, why would it decide to screw up now?

one of us
posted Hide Post
David sometime the spring pops off, other times after a rifle is fired a few times it will shift a little in the stock amd the bolt release will "rub" and not work. Take the bbl action out of the stock, if the spring is ok look for rub marks it the trigger opening, you may have to open it up a little on the same side as the bolt release. P.S. tell me why Troy sucks. I have been in that area hunting 10 times, it is one of my all time favorite areas to hunt. In fact I was in Libby around Lake Koocanusa this Sept. and up on MT. Keno last Sept.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In addition to the spring and the possible rubbing of the push lever against the triggerguard, check for a gummed up bolt release in the receiver slot. I have found releases that were not flat or had a little roughness or burrs. A quick swipe of both sides of the release on a piece of 80 grit emery cloth (cloth on top of a flat surface) cured the problem. Lube the release when you put it back in, with a light gun oil.

Posts: 1055 | Location: Real Sasquatch Country!!! I Seen 'Em! | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
<FarRight>
posted
Troy is by far not the worse, for example there is Noxon and Plains and Paradise and Browning, but Troy does suck. I am 17. I am in High School. I cannot find a job in this town for my life. I live out in Kootenai Vista, this is where every freakin Florida-hoan and Kalifornian decides to make residence. Overall the majority of the people here are a bunch of dirt-chicken, hill-billy bums that do nothing but piss their welfare away on booze. It has awesome scenery and hunting, good fishing, but the people here suck. Take a drive up Yaak and look at all the dirt-chicken cardboard box shanties and you almost feel sorry until you realize every last one of them is down at the bar. Troy is the "white-reservation" or "white-rez" and sometimes called the "white ghetto". This place is almost as bad as Browning. But our girls volleyball team is good.