Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning A-bolt 300 wsm quirks?
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know of any easy fixes that help dial in these rifles.

Posts: 328 | Location: Southwest Idaho | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
<G.Malmborg>
posted
That's a pretty broad question. Please be a little more specific like, what is it doing, what is it not doing, these kind of things?

Malm

posted Hide Post
Actually, I haven't shot it yet, I am still waiting on my Forster dies I ordered. I just wanted to plan ahead. I had heard of placing a small metal plate between the action and stock for accuracy...etc.

Posts: 328 | Location: Southwest Idaho | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
<rws2>
posted
Shoot it first you may be in for a very pleasant surprise!!! My A Bolt in 7mmRM shoots better than I can shoot it,right out of the box.I did lighten the trigger but thats just turning a screw.Good Luck

one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with RWS2. Always shoot the gun a while (with some different loads) before getting too excited about making changes for accuracy. There are a lot of rifles that shoot under the magic inch at 100 yards right out of the box. Browning has a good reputation for accuracy. Depends what your goals are. I have a Rem 700 .30-06 has a cheap plastic stock that would seem to benefit from better inletting and a glass job just for starters...except the thing shoots 150 Hornadys in a half inch circle all day just the way it is. I don't know why and I don't care.

Posts: 92 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 06 July 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I HAVE TWO A-BOLTS 300WSM'S AND BOTH SHOOT GREAT

Posts: 6 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote