New
Find
Notify
Tools

question for 9.3x62 owners
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
i've read about people with the big cz rifles(416 rigbys) having trouble with the stocks cracking after a few shots have been fired, has this also been a problem with the 9.3x62's? i haven't started shooting mine yet(just got the brass yesterday) but if this is a problem with this gun/cartridge, i want to get it bedded before before i shoot it. so..is it necessary? thanks...bud

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey bud,

If I remember right you have the same rifle I do (550 Medium Lux). Mine has a pair of crossbolts one fore and one aft of the magazine box. This cartridge does recoil, but not to the extent that the Safari Mag models do. If yours has the crossbolts like mine I wouldn't see a need to have it bedded. I still don't understand why CZ only puts one crossbolt on their heaviest recoiling models. [Eek!] [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 43 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 03 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
trailblazer...thanks for the reply. yes, mine is the 550 medium lux model, complete with the two crossbolts. i still plan on getting it bedded(need $$$ [Big Grin] ) but i just wanted to see if there was any danger of the stock splitting so i can shoot it until i can afford to get it bedded. thanks again...bud

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Budiceale I also have a cz 550 lux 9.3x62 and mine also has the cross bolts for & aft the mag box. I have removed mine from the stock and it also has a conventional barrel lug (normal metal block) as well as the normal action lugs. The barrel lug set up and the cross bolt set up is superior IMHO than the barrel lug cross bolt set up on the magnum sfari rifles, why I do not know [Confused]

I have fired probably 50 odd shots through mine and no stock problems yet. Another poster has put several hundred with no dramas. My forend touches on the right hand side of the barrel towards the end, ideally I may get mine bedded at some stage but at the moment no drama's.

The 9.3 lux truly is a very nice rifle heaps of power in a trim compact kind of out fit. The blueing is also deep and rich and I snagged a 3 position safety on mine which my magnum cz's do not have.

At any rate If it's not shooting well then try the bedding trick but mine shoots well as is with speer 270 grainers.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PC...thanks. i also got the 3 pos safety. i agree with you about this rifle. not too heavy, plenty of power(all i need in texas for sure [Big Grin] ), nice handling, and good looks. what more could a guy want. i'm going to get it bedded for sure but can't wait to shoot it. thanks to you and everyone else who have helped me with this project. tomorrow i'm going to the range to shoot some initial loads over the chronograph and look for pressure. i'll keep ya'll informed. cheers...bud

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bud, I rechambered to 9.3X64 and have several hundred rounds through the rifle with not a sign of stock splitting. I did, however, bed the action.

Posts: 371 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote