New
Find
Notify
Tools

Youth stock for Remington ADL
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a friend whose son inherited a 270 ADL from his late grandfather. He is a smallish guy right now, but handles recoil like a champ, shoots his pop's 270 with full house loads great!
Having said that, as opposed to buying him a different rifle, I suggested that my friend might find a temporary 'youth' sized stock for the Remmy, and we could build him or buy some Remington 'Managed Recoil' loads.

Any advice on where to get a youth sized stock?

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Any ideas???

posted Hide Post
eBay

posted Hide Post
You could do searches on the below auction sites as I have seen ADL youth stocks for sale before. Just keep checking. Search for ADL. If you search for Remington or stock you will get tons of results that don't matter. Another option would be to post a Want To Buy in the classifieds. Even another option would be to have Joel Russo build you a stock.

http://www.gunbroker.com/

http://www.auctionarms.com/

one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
I will give you an adl stock you can shorten for the price of postage.email or pm me for details.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hard to beat JB's generosity. A fella could shorten the existing wood stock now (and fit it with a proper recoil pad) then buy an HS Precision or other drop-in stock later. If price is an issue a fella could drill a couple registration holes deep into the buttstock so that the addition of a sawblade-thickness spacer would let the stock take its full length later. My M78 243 and M700 ADL 30'06 were wearing HS Precision stocks when my son came of hunting age. We dug up the original wood handles and shortened them to fit. The wood wasn't pretty when the fitting was done but a camo paint job concealed most of my errors. He used the 243 for the first year and dropped two deer with as many shots. The second year he used the '06 with the Federal Low Recoil and dropped two more deer with a shot a piece. Now that he's as tall as me he has a full size rifle but we're still using reduced loads. Unless the new hunter's shots are going to very long I strongly recommend the Remington Managed Recoil load too.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the intel guys. I called my buddy and left him a voice mail just now. May take jb up on his offer--I've put on a couple of recoil pads with OK results--so maybe that's a way to go.....

Regards--Don