Find
Notify
Tools

Help and advice needed with my 375 H&H
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Guys,
I need some help and advice with a barrel for my 375 H&H Interarms Whitworth. The barrel that the rifle wears now is a replacement it is 22 inches long and quite heavy. (Large diameter) I would like to replace this barrel with one that is as close to the original contour as I can get. What contour should I order to replicate the original? Also what twist rate was the original or what twist rate should I get. I will use primarily 270 grain lead core bullets but I may try some of the 100% copper bullets also. I plan on getting a stainless steel barrel and having it bead blasted. The action is a dark plum color, I want to leave the action that color I kind of like it and think it would look good with the stainless barrel. Does anyone have an original stock for this rifle that they would be willing to part with? I will thank everyone in advance for their help. Bryan

Posts: 583 | Location: keene, ky | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
I would suggest a lothar walther barrel, either one of the great value long chambered ones or the more expensive classic english profiles.

http://www.lothar-walther.com/abarrels.htm

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cer7X57

I’m not sure what your too heavy contour is that you have now. Too heavy is rather ambiguous. So I’ll just take you where I think I would go. That would be a barrel 24†and a contour in the 5 to 5A range. As for twist 1 in 12 should shoot anything that you choose to run through it.

I’m not sure what you are hunting with the gun. But my feeling to light in the barrel in this caliber is not good. Heavier absorbs a lot of perceived recoil. At the very lightest a 4 contour may work for you. It may be best to totally just get a lighter carry rifle if it isn’t needed because of dangerous game in the area you hunt.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote