THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Thread pattern on an AI muzzle brake????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
TC1,
Have him pour a cast like he would for a chamber them screw it out and he will have his thread's.
Easy to do.

Posts: 67 | Location: Eddington,Maine, | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What is wrong with a phone call to AI????? Mine cost 6 cents a minute, two minutes (12 cents) will solve the problem.

If you cannot get a thread gauge up in the brake, then a phone call is required. Most brakes come with a instruction sheet listing the thread diameter and pitch. I really have not seen a screw on brake yet that I could not measure the threads on. Does your smith have a thread pitch gauge???

Never seen the AI brake, but if they are shy on data, then another maker's brake would be my choice.

Posts: 1055 | Location: Real Sasquatch Country!!! I Seen 'Em! | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Hey John, The post was made over the weekend and AI wasn't open. The smith had the pieces and the time to do a quick job, but not being able to gauge the thread was apparently a problem. He called me to see if there was any info in the package he didn't get, but there wasn't. I posted this question in hopes for quick answer and maybe he could go to work.

You're right a quick phone call yesterday morning cleared everthing up. It's a metric thread 18X1.5

Here's a picture of the brake. It's just sitting on the barrel not threaded. It's got a sleeve on the back of it that clamps down on the barrel after it's screwed on, it's about an 1" deep if I remember correctly. I guess that's why he was having trouble measuring it.

Terry

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I'm having a smith thread a Remington barrel for an Accuracy International muzzle brake. I talked to the smith this afternoon about it and he tells me he can't gauge the thread pattern because the brake has a sleeve on the back side it.

Has anyone ever installed one of these? If so, do you remember the thread pattern?

Thanks,
Terry

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote