New
Find
Notify
Tools

Defiance Action
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Of all the Rem 700 clones, I like the look of the Defiance action the best. From what I've been able to work out, the guy who originally owned Nesika sold out and then started making the Phoenix action. That one only lasted a short time (don't know what happened) and now he is heading up the Defiance Machine company.

Has anyone used one of these Defiance actions? What are your thoughts? Are they as perfectly machined and as tight tolerance wise as claimed?

Thanks for any comments and info you can give.

Cheers.

GG

Posts: 500 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I've used one. I can say that Glenn Harrison is doing an absolutely 1st class job in making the Defiance actions. The bolt and handle are all one piece. Exterior finish is great. Buy it, you'll like it.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 831 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What are the defiance actions like? I've got two peirce actions (700 footprint) that I like a lot. I wonder how they'd compare.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know what the Pierce is like and it is a real quality receiver, CM, and doesn't have the big nasty lettering on it. His bolt extraction is now being copied by others. John Pierce knows how to build a receiver. I would also look at the new Shilen receiver that will be hitting the market soon.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote