New
Find
Notify
Tools

Talley vs. Leupold Scope Mounts
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Could someone please comment on any difference in weight between Talley and Leupold scope mounting systems. The Talleys look like they might be a little lighter but apparently weights of bases and rings aren't something that is commonly published. I'm trying to lighten a rifle and am wondering if switching rings may help.

Thank You,
Bob

<JBelk>
posted
The lightest steel mounts I know of are Conetrol and S&K. They might save you an ounce.

<Dan in Wa>
posted
I know that the Weavers are not the prettiest mounts and rings but they are light. FWIW

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Brownell's catalog has a very helpful chart that shows height of various rings and mounts. Should answer your question in one stop.

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote
<G.Malmborg>
posted
Bob,

Another one to look at is Millett. There's are machined to reduce weight. How much, I don't know.

Malm

one of us
posted Hide Post
ALUMINUM scope mount would be your choice but it is insignificant as far as weight reduction is concerned. The only way to find out the weight difference between the two would be to put them on a scale. Good luck!

Posts: 1002 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote