New
Find
Notify
Tools

stock for FN Weatherby barreled action
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking for a stock to an old FN Weatherby mauser in .300. can anyone point me in the right direction?

Perry

Posts: 2247 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone????

Posts: 2247 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
When you say FN is it a 98 like a JC Higgins or something different. Are you wanting it to be in the classic Weatherby style?

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How about Hogue over molded for a 98 Mauser.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3993 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a very nice custom stock made for an FN weatherby built by Clint Mier. Pm me if interested and I'll get you pics. Clint did a top notch job on it.
Steve

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is the Weatherby on a M98 template so as to use any m98 stock?

SKB
pm sent, interested.

Perry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The weatherby's were first built on FN actions in Germany, I think, before Roy had his action made. These were socalled the "Southgate" Weatherby's and are somewhat valuable to some collectors.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Just a "plain old" FN, nothing different about it than any other FN Mauser.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you want to finish it yourself, you may want to check Great American Gunstocks. They show some semi inlet Weatherby 98's. http://www.gunstocks.com/

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote