Find
Notify
Tools

Mark X Follower Stop
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gents -

In the ever-continuing quest for a smoother action, I need to prevent the follower from dragging on the bolt.

Any photos or recommendations of modifications would be appreciated! That is, assuming I don't have to replace the follower, outright?

Cheers! beer

one of us
Picture of Jimmy Mac
posted Hide Post
I have lightly stoned the edge on mine, and lubed it well (lightlY) with a quality lube.

"We have met the enemy, and they are us." - Pogo

<slancey>
posted
My gunsmith, Mark Penrod, welded 2 little steel pads on the left edge of my FN followers. They lower the follower just enough to keep it from touching the bolt. No more noise.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Slancey - That's kinda zackly the sort of fix I was considering... Any way you could post a pic of the pads on your follower?

Many years ago I stoned the follower, taking a very conservative approach to metal removal/shaping, etc. at the time. So it looks a lot better, but...

Nowadays, through the inspiration gleaned mostly from this forum, with all the amazing advice and how-to's, I am making some much bolder (and successful Cool, so far!) improvements. To the extent that I will eventually need to get the thing reblued. Oxpho Blue has become a close companion to my cutting tools in the meantime! Razzer

Having a blast (not just at the range or hunting anymore)! dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slancey:
My gunsmith, Mark Penrod, welded 2 little steel pads on the left edge of my FN followers. They lower the follower just enough to keep it from touching the bolt. No more noise.
The orginal FN followers all came made like that. van

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
<slancey>
posted
I will try to get pictures loaded.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Van -

Do the FN followers look much like M96 followers? I've got a 96... Dunno why I never thunka lookin' at it! Got a 91, too, fer that matter... DOH! homer

Lookin' forward to your pics, slancey.