Find
Notify
Tools

CZ safety change - company???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi folks

I have recently aquired a CZ 602 in .458 Win Mag which has been Lotted. The problem is I don't like the saftey catch as I am used to pushing it forward on my Winchester .458. I sent an email to one of their US agents enquiring about this and he mentioned the below.

I am sorry to say that there is no such conversion that we have to reverse the operation of the safety. I have seen but do not remember what company makes it, a safety that replaced the bolt shroud and makes it like a Winchester model 70.

I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of this company and if anyone had used this product. Thanks for your time.

Posts: 146 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 06 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Ed Lapour makes 3-pos safety kie that works great. But, a 'smith will need to do the work. Otherwise AHR does good work (by most reports here) and you'll probably get a few more names soon.

Posts: 4883 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I am assuming that your "CZ" 602 is actually a BRNO ZKK-602? If it is a BRNO, AHR used my rifle to make a Model 70 style safety for the ZKK-602 and it is the "Real McCoy". It is very nice, well finished, totally and smoothly functional. Call Ed at AHR and I'm sure he can fix you up.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, thankyou for your input and help with this question. I have emailed AHR and awaiting their response. They list the safety catch for $195 if anyone else is interested. Masterifleman, yes you ARE right, my apologies, it is a BRNO ZKK-602. Thanks again and a good weekend to you.

Posts: 146 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 06 November 2006Reply With Quote