Notify
Tools

Re: Fajen Euro's
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of alvinmack
posted
Quote:

He's been pretty patient with my horrible turnaround.

That's the beauty of doing work for friends or family. They leave you be about turnaround time because they know they can't find a better deal around

My brother as of late has really been bothering me to finish his project. But that's been going on a year now! Maybe this winter I told him.

Posts: 448 | Location: Lino Lakes, MN | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GrandView
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Originally posted by z1r....
Somehow, I could not figure out YET how to do the same on this stock. Do you by chance have any close ups or views from the top? You know what they say about a picture; They work better for those of us that can't read.

My brother Idared has the pattern, so perhaps he can shoot some pics. I have the duplicated stock, but it is still "a work in progress". The action panels in finished mode are "feathered in" as almost shadows, rather than raised extensions. I will take pics of the stock when it's finished.

I recently opted for early retirement, and I'm fast running out of excuses to not finish Idared's projects. He's been pretty patient with my horrible turnaround.

GV

Posts: 768 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 18 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alvinmack
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I can't seem to track that one down, Fajen doesn't show it on their site, anybody know where they can be picked up now?

Red,

It seems to be that every year somewhere between Dec-Feb you will see Midwayusa put out a limited run for sale. You pretty much have to strike while the iron is hot. I didnt strike fast enough and actually purchased this stock from another AR member in the classifieds.

-Mike

Posts: 448 | Location: Lino Lakes, MN | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one of these stocks that I am going to use soon. I cannot decide on the caliber. However, Just looking at it, the action cut and floorplate cutout look quite a bit undersized. Did anyone else have that problem? Mine says its for a LR Mauser, but for some reason it looks like it is for a SR Mauser. Just an observation. Did you guys have to remove a lot of wood to get the action to drop in?
Doug

Posts: 229 | Location: Asheville, NC USA | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Idared,

Thanks, yes if you get the time some pics would be appreciated. Must be nice to have a brother and one who's interest in the hobby rivals your own. I'm hoping that when my boys get old enough they'll enjoy it with their dad.

Sometime next year I'll try to carve my first stock, the mannlicher. the inletting actually worries me more than the carving & layout.

Good luck this season.

As an aside, I removed the white spacers from the Mark X I recently picked up. Under the pad was plain, unfinished hardwood. Sheesh. Still, it looks ten times better without the spacers. It's hard to believe that white spacers were ever in fashion, lol. Even worse, I remember wanting a Rem 700 BDL just cuz it had em, bleech!

Posts: 4861 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Idared
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Must be nice to have a brother and one who's interest in the hobby rivals your own. I'm hoping that when my boys get old enough they'll enjoy it with their dad.

z1r

Yes, it is nice to have someone as close to me as Grandview is and also a big plus we enjoy many of the same hobbies and agree on nearly everything. I know I am lucky in this respect. I hope your sons enjoy these things also. I was not that lucky, but at least my son is not an anti and voted for Bush even though he lives in Albany, New York. For that I do feel blessed.

Quote:

My brother as of late has really been bothering me to finish his project. But that's been going on a year now! Maybe this winter I told him.

A year is much to quick to start complaining.

A good share of the time Grandview has my stuff so long that I forget what it looks like, and end up trading it to him via a "Sibling Horse trade".

The invention of the digital camera and e-mail help me to keep better track of things now, although sometimes I think he sends me pictures just to tantalize me. A bit like dangling a carrot in front of a rabbit.

Posts: 845 | Location: Central Washington State | Registered: 12 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen

I have two of the Euro pattern stocks that I bought from midway.
I will sell them for $45.00 each shipped in the
U.S. or $80.00 for both. They have knots, cracking ect.
Can send pictures if needed.

James

Posts: 658 | Location: W.Va | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice work, guys. I'm working on one right now. I really the Euro design of this particular stock but I'm not really enamored with the side panels. I keep trying to convince myself that they look good, but I am seriously contemplating amputation.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote