Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

rings for new CZ
 Login/Join

posted
I just bought a new CZ Safari Classic in .404 Jeffery. Intended to mount a 30mm Leupold scope that currently sits on my Mod.70 .375 H&H to it, but can't find QD rings in 30mm for the CZ. Should I just buy a 1" scope with QD rings or go with one of the available 30mm non-QD solid mountings? Also, how do the Burris scopes & mounts hold up on the big bores?(always been a Leupold guy) Thanks for any help!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I may be wrong, but pretty sure 30 mm QD CZ rings are going to be hard to come by. Not sure anybody is making any, I have Warne on one CZ, wanted to buy another set but under the impression they are going making them.

I tried Millet, but they broke on my 416. I don't think Leupold ever made any QD's in 30mm, wish they did.
I'm going to use the ugly CZ rings until I can get some talleys or come up with something else.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hey
check out rings made by Lynx or Bsquare. They make rings forthe CZ and BRNO integral dovetail base. 19mm I believe

Posts: 10 | Location: Fort Mcmurray Alberta | Registered: 24 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by renrag:
I just bought a new CZ Safari Classic in .404 Jeffery. Intended to mount a 30mm Leupold scope that currently sits on my Mod.70 .375 H&H to it, but can't find QD rings in 30mm for the CZ. Should I just buy a 1" scope with QD rings or go with one of the available 30mm non-QD solid mountings? Also, how do the Burris scopes & mounts hold up on the big bores?(always been a Leupold guy) Thanks for any help!

The Burris mounts on my CZ work just fine! clap

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
doesn't talley have QD rings for the CZ, I would check with them, not sure if they make them in 30mm though

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cummins cowboy:
doesn't talley have QD rings for the CZ, I would check with them, not sure if they make them in 30mm though

Yep, they make both the lever lock and the screw lock versions. 1" only, no 30mm.

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I've tried Lynx rings on my CZ in 416 Rigby and was not satisfied with them over time. If you do go that route replace the allen head screws with something less prone to deformation. The rings are aluminum and wouldn't hold my heavier Leupold 6 x 42 worth a darn, although they did tend to hold the 1.5 X 5 for the few shots I did take with them.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Talley has them, as does Warne and a couple of others. My father was just in a similar situation. Picked up the CZ 550 in 458 Lott and wanted QD rings. The problem in this case was that all they had were 30 MM Warne's and he didn't want to bother with a 30mm scope.

http://www.warnescopemounts.com/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?page=2

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Recently learned that CZ USA recieved a supply of 30mm rings which were not shown on their website because of limited availability. After backorders are filled, some may be available;hope to get a set of these.
Thanks for everyone's help.