THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    My Brno CZ LUX .222 only locks with the bolt handle [like a 22]

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Brno CZ LUX .222 only locks with the bolt handle [like a 22]
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I found a .222 that looks like a 22 rimfire from 5 feet away.
It has tip off scope dovetails [mm], and cocks on closing. The butt plate is lines cut into the stock. The barrel is just pinned, and the only thing that stands up to the bolt thrust it the little bolt handdl against the tube reciever.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
Clark---

look a little closer. There should be an opposing lug opposite the bolt handle, too. It engages in a recess in the left receiver wall.

The Model 43 Winchester is built the same way.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lux was a German firearms maker of very low quality, based in Berlin. His .22 Hornet with an unduly weak bolt-handle-only locking action is described and citicized in de Haas' book under the name "Herter's Plinker". He had nothing to with Brno.

Regards,
Carcano

Posts: 2452 | Location: Old Europe | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a portable guillotine!! [Smile] Plateau Hunter

Posts: 171 | Location: Cannon Co., TN | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1) The only locking is the bolt handle in a slot in the receiver [like a 22]
2) The firing pin hole is huge, and I don't think a Boxer primer could take a full 50kpsi load.
3) The gun will fire with the bolt handle just barely captured by the slot [half into battery]

-

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with Carcano. That bolt looks like no CZ I've ever seen. That is definitely not a CZ.

BTW, my CZ 452 has two locking lugs: one on the root of the bolt handle (not the handle itself) and another 180 degrees away.

[ 08-15-2003, 21:53: Message edited by: Orion 1 ]

Posts: 2206 | Location: USA | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I assumed it was a CZ.
It only says "LUX" on it.
I thought lux was a CZ model.
Maybe lux means carine in German, I don't know.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
this is a little russian POS...

not baikal... it's teh same design as the littl e29$ 22's that ran aroudn here 5 years ago.

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of Marlin .22 Magnum bolt gun I owned a couple of yeras ago. Looks very Trashy in a .22 rimfire let alone a centerfire.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi clark
Your Brno is surely not a Brno! [Big Grin] because mine is so called fox and is a kind of mini mauser with double forward looking logs and mauser claw extractor! have you seen the trade mark Brno or CZ on it?
regards
danny

Posts: 1127 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote