Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sako M591 replacement stock
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All, just had my sako M591 in 243 rebarelled. Hogged out the barrel channel to fit the new (fatter) barrel, everything OK. Fitted the action back into the stock, picked it up and "snap" it breaks at the wrist of the stock. I now see an old crack, full of oil stains etc, I'm surprised it didn't go ages ago. Anyway, to the point, replacement synthetic stocks for old sakos are as rare as rocking horse droppings here in the UK. I noticed on McMillan's site that they say one of their Sako replacements can easily be adapted to a Remington 700.... Can the reverse be done? The spacing between the action screws on my Sako is 7in, on my short action 700VS it is 6.5in, whats the spacing on a long action 700 please. Any advice received gratefully, but I am on a tight budget owing to the rebarrelling.
Thanks in advance, Mike

Posts: 4 | Location: Sleepy Suffolk, UK | Registered: 12 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

You might contact Accuflite in Pennsylvania.

They have been a SAKO custom rifle maker and are still a dealer. They may have what you need or know how to solve your problem.

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I would contact McMillan direct if I were you. On the couple of occasions when I have in the past they have been extremely helpful.

Alternatively, it may be worthwhile contacting the likes of Don Robinson to see if the original stock is repairable although you imply that you're set on a synthetic.

Best wishes,

Tim

Posts: 89 | Location: Nantwich, England | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote