New
Find
Notify
Tools

action sources
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Need some good sources for 98 actions or rifles.

thanks,
pete

Posts: 25 | Location: michigan/texas | Registered: 02 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How many and what model(s) are you interested in?

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I was not more clear. I am looking for websites of dealers who have them for sale. I buy them one at a time when I need one. Thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
GLEN71,
Do you have a supply of actions other than mauser? I'm looking for a short action rem 700, win 70 or savage to build a 6/284.
Thanks

Posts: 352 | Location: NJ | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pete,
HERE is one source. As I browse through my favorites and find another, I will repost. BTW, the Argentine already has the hinged bottom metal so you are money ahead.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
tlp335 - No short actions. One Pre-war M70 and a VZ-24 Mauser that I don't really need.

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pete Magas:
See Brownells Catalog #55, page 156 for Charles Daly/KBI Mauser actions and barrelled actions. Prices range from $304 for .223 to $424 in SS for long magnum. Barrelled go from $383 for .22-250 to $588 for .458 WinMag. BAs in chrome steel; no SS. Some actions are available in SS. I think Brownells (www.brownells.com) catalog is available to view on-line...
Poop!! Checked the catalog on-line at 2015 hrs, EDT to find that all Charles Daly/KBI actions and BAs are discontinued. There is a problem with them getting import status re our trade relations with the country of origin, Yoguslavia, I think it is. Was supposed to be ironed-out last November, but as usual, clinton happened and we gun types got screwed again.

[ 06-29-2003, 16:41: Message edited by: rootbeer ]

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The charles daly rifles are just now coming into the country. Congress approved some kind of trade agreement and so KBI is now bringing them in. Jerry's sport center and Davidson's have some of the rifles in stock. The actions and barreled actions haven't gotten here yet but should come along soon. The wholesale prices are considerably less than was quoted from brownell's.

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's great news, boltman! I originally wanted a C-D, but that import stuff put the kibosh on that idea so I almost gave up the dream of a lefty '06 until I stumbled upon MRC. I am aware that Rem and Sav make lefty guns, but almost everybody has these two brands and I want something different as well as one with a swept bolt handle just like my dad's 1945 M70 (almost mint and virtually unused since 1965). I also like the classic lines of the M70. My next rifle will be the C-D in a small bore and short action, assuming the import difficulties are resolved. Can you supply web info for Jerry's and Davidson's? I'd like to see what they've got.

[ 06-29-2003, 16:36: Message edited by: rootbeer ]

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jerry's sports center is www.jerryssportcenter.com. Davidson's is www.galleryofguns.com.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pete,
Here is one more.

Thanks Glen.

[ 06-30-2003, 22:05: Message edited by: Customstox ]

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chic - I think your link to Ellison's has one too many "http's". It don't work.

[ 06-30-2003, 21:46: Message edited by: Glen71 ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks much, guys.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would not put my stamp of approval on the Chas. Daily actions, pretty shoddy stuff IMO.

If I recall Belk was concerned that they were safe, some kind of a design flaw...I think it was Belk.

Posts: 42156 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote