THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FREE Online Re-Chambering Guide (a new idea)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
FREE Online Re-Chambering Guide (a new idea)

Worn out barrel? Bored/dissatisfied with your current round? Ok, you can buy a new gun or rebarrel your old one. Or maybe you can get by with rechambering your existing tube. What are your options? And I mean *ALL* your options? Well, AmmoGuide now has a FREE online tool that can tell you.

Months ago, realizing AmmoGuide's powerful capabilities, Stephen P. Gibbons (thanks again, Steve!) of Steve's Pages had the original idea for a 2-round "Re-Chambering Guide" at AmmoGuide. Internally, this great concept developed into a full blown "search and compare" of all the rounds in the database allowing the user to research issues like:

- Do I want to rebarrel or rechamber?
- If rechambering, do I want to rebore or not?
- Do I need to rework my boltface/ejector?
- Is my action/magazine long enough?

The result is a tool that can analyze and compare the shapes of all the rounds in the database against your current chambering, using your "compare" criteria, and show you all that should physically "work" (including many you would never think of, or even want!) Or it will do a one-on-one of any round you are specifically interested in, like so...

Try it at...
http://ammoguide.com/cgi-bin/aichamber.cgi
(On the login screen, just click on "Enter as DEMO" if you don't have an account. The Guide will still work for you.)

Please note that, as a research tool, some of the listed candidates may be, in practical terms, unsuitable for actual conversion in normal applications. As the disclaimer says... ALWAYS INVOLVE A COMPETENT GUNSMITH WHEN DECIDING ON A NEW CHAMBERING FOR YOUR GUN. This program considers ONLY the physical dimensions of cartridge cases and cannot account for the ability or inability of your firearm to safely handle listed rounds.

Enjoy,

Mike