Find
Notify
Tools

What stock for my Mod 70 RH SA (WTB)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted
I have a Winchester Post 64 push feed Model 70 Lighweight in 22-250.

I think I cooked the throat at about 1200 rds and it's now at 2000rds and I want to rebarrel.

I think I'll move up to a fat barrel such as a varmint taper at about 24"-26".

I'll also want a new stock and heres my question. What stock can I get that's reasonably priced that's similar to the HS Precision stocks on my 700VS's or maybe a benchrest stock?

I'd settle for a used or "take-off" if anyone has one. email at mr_appraiser@hotmail.com or just answer here.

Thanx.....
[Big Grin]
$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
btt... Please at least offer advise if you don't have a used stock to offer....

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LD;I would go with a Mcmillen model called the general purpose it is a slimed down modified version of a stock made for USMC snipers for several years.I have one of the HS Precisons on my Remington 700 223 LTR and its Ok but I like the Mcmillen better I am going to build another 700 hunting rifle soon and I am going to use a Mcmillen.w/regards

Posts: 610 | Location: MT | Registered: 01 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gophershooter:
LD;I would go with a Mcmillen model called the general purpose it is a slimed down modified version of a stock made for USMC snipers for several years.I have one of the HS Precisons on my Remington 700 223 LTR and its Ok but I like the Mcmillen better I am going to build another 700 hunting rifle soon and I am going to use a Mcmillen.w/regards

Thanx for the info... The McMillans look nice and are my number one choice but money is short right now.

If you run across a good used stock please let me know...

Leaving for a hunting trip on a couple of hours...

Thanx again.... [Big Grin]

$bob$