Notify
Tools

inletting screws for ruger...where to find them
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Lfaler
posted
and do I need them?

I am restocking my ruger m77 and was wondering do I need to get long screws to help keep the action straight while inletting and if so, where do I find them? Brownell's and midway don't sell them...I haven't pulled the action yet, so I may not even need them.

Posts: 163 | Location: Missouri by way of Mississippi | Registered: 19 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
lfaler

Inletting screws aren't a necessity but they sure make the job easier. I don't have a Ruger but I think the screws are an odd size. like 3/16 x 32 or something like that. You could probably find them at one of the big supply houses. As an alternate, get a set of replacement screws (probably around $5) and grind the head off. Not the best but better than nothing and if you get the stock crooked you'll wish you had done it. If you have a buudy with a lathe he can make a pair of extra long ones in a couple of minutes.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You will need only one screw. This will be the back screw in the tang of the action. The front screw is angled rearward. If you have access to a lathe, you can make one. If not, have it made.

HOOT

Posts: 790 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote