New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger No 1 trigger.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I still cannot get this obsession with no1s out of my head! One thing that could put paid to it though is the trigger.

I have been told that it is not possible to adjust a no1 trigger to 2lbs safely. Apparently once you lower past 3lbs the sear does not reset if any pressure has been applied with consequent danger.

All my other rifles have the exact same 2lb pull, I am unwilling to go higher and I don't want to go the set trigger route.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
1894---

The original No 1 (pre-prefix) had a trigger safe at 2 1/2 lbs but it takes a Canjar to give you 2 pounds.

It takes some fitting and quite a bit of final tuning.

one of us
posted Hide Post
JBelk,

Aha the worst possible answer, your dream is acheivable but it'll cost you and take time! [Big Grin]

Many thanks for the info, dare I ask how best to get hold of such a beast? Brownells

Have you done much work on no1s? I want a .5moa 22-250 standard with a 2lb trigger.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just to add a little to this, Canjar makes both set and non-set triggers. The non -set trigger can be taken down to two pounds, I believe, and the set trigger down to just ounces. It's a long wait for a trigger, depending on what they have in the pipeline (when they get enough orders they make a run)but you can't buy a better trigger. FWIW - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1894, our posts must have gone up at the same time, or nearly. Canjar can br reached at;
M.H.Canjar Co.
500 E. 45th Ave.
Denver, Colorado
ph. 303-623-5777.

That's from an older flyer (I can't find the new one, I really have to clean my desk) so I hope it's still good. Take care - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote