Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 1936 Mexican firing pin
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Maybe that Doug guy?

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 1936 Mexican bolt that needs a firing pin, what will fit, who has them?

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
sarco might.. www.gunpartscorp.com

turkish intermediates MAY fit... if i remember, i'll test one tomorrow

jeffe

Posts: 39567 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You MIGHT be able to modify a standard 98

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

sarco might.. www.gunpartscorp.com

turkish intermediates MAY fit... if i remember, i'll test one tomorrow

jeffe

Didn't you say the Turk 1903 bolt fit's a Mexican?

<Guest>
posted
If you are talking about small ring mexican mauser, I am looking at one right now and comparing it to a regular large ring mauser one.

from looking at it carefully it appears that you could modify a large ring standard 98 firing pin to fit. There are differences in length as well as there being no front camming surface on the Mexican, but the length from the rear to that camming surface is about the same on both so you could do some grinding and shortening and probably make it work.

Blue.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Major Caliber, There's a small gun parts place on Belt line road in Irving Texas that has two of them. I was there looking for actions and they said all they had were two 36 firing pins. Jeffeosso, I think I told you about them. I believe the place was called Bill's gun parts. I'm in Colombia and don't have access to any of my gun stuff addresses. Lou Williamson at Williamson Precision Gunsmithing in Hurst is familiar with them.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
You recon theres a fella in your area that might could make one from a standard 98 firing pin?

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know, maybe Mike Brazda?

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Hezzz one.