New
Find
Notify
Tools

New barrel installation
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
From derogatory posts you have thrown in my direction before, you proved you do not know anything about fitting barrels to actions, or basic threading of machine parts. You still have not directly answered the post I wrote before. We can only surmise that is because you can not directly answer it.

But I did definitely deserve the snide post from you. I violated my own "don't feed the trolls" policy, and regret doing so. I should have just continued to watch you prove what you know, and what you think you know, but realy don't.

Please feel free to say whatever you want about me and my abilities and knowledge gained from real world experience. I do deserve to be pummelled by the unknowing due to my failure to adhere to my own rule. Post anything you like, as I will now shut up on this thread and leave you to your keyboard. You seem to get a lot of pleasure from sniping at people from the safety of hiding behind your monitor, and I wish you good luck and a good day.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marc_Stokeld:
From derogatory posts you have thrown in my direction before, you proved you do not know anything about fitting barrels to actions, or basic threading of machine parts. You still have not directly answered the post I wrote before. We can only surmise that is because you can not directly answer it.

But I did definitely deserve the snide post from you. I violated my own "don't feed the trolls" policy, and regret doing so. I should have just continued to watch you prove what you know, and what you think you know, but realy don't.

Please feel free to say whatever you want about me and my abilities and knowledge gained from real world experience. I do deserve to be pummelled by the unknowing due to my failure to adhere to my own rule. Post anything you like, as I will now shut up on this thread and leave you to your keyboard. You seem to get a lot of pleasure from sniping at people from the safety of hiding behind your monitor, and I wish you good luck and a good day.

Marc,
Do you work to satisfy your own thin skinned ego or to satisfy your customers? If you are not working to satisfy your customers then tell them that. If you do not have a good idea of the results of your work then tell them that too.
If you don't like to hear opinions from the customers point of view you should not work for the public.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Marc, Just put him on your "ignore this user" list. I did and all I see is his name.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It seems that some gunsmiths have to band together in order to handle communication with their customers....
the best way to communicate with your customers is up front and with your workmanship.. not with disclaimers and excuses.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
Vapodog,

Barrel installation includes whatever you and your customer agree upon. No two customers are alike so all I suggest is offering is a standard "package" to start from and then you can add or remove services pursuant to your customer's specific needs. I'm sure you've got a pretty good idea what the starting point should be. Let you gut and your experience be your guide.

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote