New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gentry 3 position safety - Rem 700
 Login/Join

<Mike Anderson>
posted
I would like to hear some feedback on the Gentry 3 position safety for the Remington 700. I'm thinking about buying one.

Regards,
Mike

posted Hide Post
It's a beautiful piece of metal. It also costs $145 plus installation. I find myself unwilling to buy one at that price.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
Mike, Dave and his son Dennis are folks I consider friends... I've spent a lot of time in their shop chewing the fat and watching them work. They have a lot of state-of-the-art milling and CNC equipment (read:$). When you actually SEE the machinery and time it takes to effectively mfg. these safeties (plus a LOT of improvising because of Remington's VERY lax tolerances) you'll understand the price. Actually, considering its high quality, their 3-position safety is a bargain... I wouldn't own a Rem 700 without the Gentry three position and a different trigger.

BA

<Frank>
posted
I have one of gentry's 3 positon saftys on my remington, that with a sako extractor makes the gun perfect. Its so good that as soon as they can they will put one on my Sako. And being left handed was not a problem for him to make. His quiet muzzle brake is great to.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Frank

David Gentry is left handed thats why it is no problem for him 'o)

I also have the Gentry 3 position safety on my M/700 300 Win Mag. One of the things nobody ever seems to take into account is why would one prefer a 3 position (Striker Block Safety) over a 2 position (Sear Block Safety)especially if equipt with a bolt lock, SAFETY and possibly deminishing the possibility of an A/D!!What is that worth?

Second is the fact you can remove (Field Strip) the striker and spring without the use of *any* tools what so ever in just seconds, the workmanship and quality is simply outstanding.

$150.00 is a small price to pay IMHO.

Regards, Augustis ><>

Posts: 114 | Location: Montana | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Frank>
posted
Another good thing with his three position saftey is you can set up your full length die very easy just putting it in the middle you will have no spring tension on closing the bolt (Adjust die till you just get that bolt to go down with just a little feel at the bottom = minimal FL sizing

one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
Any opinions on his quiet muzzle brakes? How quiet are they?

Posts: 1282 | Location: here | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote