New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock Options for LH SA Montana 99
 Login/Join

<Mike Dettorre>
posted
Okay so what are my stock options for a left handed short action Montana 1999 action

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Inquiring minds want to know. I have the barrel and trigger lined up, but need a piece of wood, fiberglass or carbon fiber to wrap it all up in.

[ 04-09-2003, 19:40: Message edited by: Fjold ]

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
<Rod@MRC>
posted
Somebody (avoiding any mirrors when I report this) forgot to apply shrink factor scaling to the 3D printer when the prototype LH actions were made. And therefore machined features to cast features did not line up correctly and the main victim was the recoil lug.

So, they were, and they look fine, but they are not suitable for stockmakers.

Therefore, we have to wait for production castings unless the stock company has the ability to mirror work they do for our Long RH. Acrabond will be ready, as will Tiger Industries. That covers wood and the acrabond laminates.

<Mike Dettorre>
posted
Rod,

What does that mean in English and with respect to dates.

<Rod@MRC>
posted
That means the first machined castings and bolts we get (mid-july for SA) will go to stockmakers. 4-6 weeks later, most will have stocks in the works or ready to go.

LH long about a month earlier.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Does anybody have a address for Tiger Industries. I'm probly going to go with the Acrabond stock, but would like to see the other wood one. Thanks

Posts: 215 | Location: BRF mid west WI. | Registered: 28 February 2003Reply With Quote
<Rod@MRC>
posted
Ask for John Okubo at 763-572-3782 (Oki). They'll answer as Thorne Bros. but that's the right place.

257 Rock: please email me at rod@mountainofdreams.com. All the Acrabond files are at my home and none are at MRC.