New
Find
Notify
Tools

NP3
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have experience with np3 coatings?
good or bad.

Posts: 96 | Location: Arroyo Grande, Ca. | Registered: 09 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Unit5A
posted Hide Post
Yes, but not exactly in the way you may be interested in. We were having problems with weapons carriage (bomb racks BRU-xx) parts gumming up (not sliding against each other smoothly) during the bomb release cycle in testing. The parts had a "solid film lube" type coating to minmize friction and corrosion, but until well worn in, the coating instead was causing a problem. We/engineering had the problem parts coated with this NP3 stuff to check it out, and they worked 'slicker than snot' right off the bat. The drawings were changed afterwards and the problem ceased to exist.
Not sure this helps you any...

http://www.robarguns.com/index.htm For others that may be interested, here is a link to a company that does this.

"Hunt smart, know your target and beyond"

Posts: 394 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 20 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My carry Colt LWT Commander came out of the Robar shop, including the complete NP-3 finish.

Wears well, aids in cycling as it is slick and resists corrision very well.

I've always thought it would be ideal for a bolt assy (inside, parts and outside) as well as the trigger group.

Semper Paratus,

Steve

Posts: 71 | Location: Bellingham WA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted Hide Post
I had the bolt of a NULA rifle done by Robar. Very nice and slick. I like it a lot.

Jeff

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote