Find
Notify
Tools

Accurate Innovations
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted
It's time to put a better handle on my .416 Rem Mag built on a Montana 1999 action. I'd appreciate any input about the Accurate Innovations stock, I'm not looking for a exhibition grade stock, just something tough enough to survive the ride up the luggage conveyor into the plane and hold zero so I only have myself to blame for my misses. Cool

TIA

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
I restocked a Howa 1500 with a walnut one that was one sale from Midway a few years back. Good stock, satin finish, laser cut checkering. I had to modify the bolt handle relief, but no big deal.

I think they are mainly taking special orders now, so be prepared to pay some big $$$$$. I got mine for under $300.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3061 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
The only stock they list at Midway for the Montana action is a Brockman laminate as a "special order" for $349.99

Not a bad looking stock.

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have worked with them two times, no problems and great service. This was a few years ago.

Posts: 222 | Location: Central Iowa | Registered: 16 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick R:
It's time to put a better handle on my .416 Rem Mag built on a Montana 1999 action. I'd appreciate any input about the Accurate Innovations stock, I'm not looking for a exhibition grade stock, just something tough enough to survive the ride up the luggage conveyor into the plane and hold zero so I only have myself to blame for my misses. Cool

TIA
Check out Michael458’s M70 Winchesters in this thread:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...4711043/m/2861098911
His 500 MDM is stocked with an AI stock and I believe he has three additional M70’s being stocked by AI.

Jim coffee
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tapper2
posted Hide Post
I have worked with them several times and still have three guns with their stocks. One is a Montana 1999 action in .375 H&H. It's Baston walnut and cost $500 I have others in laminate that went for around $250, Great stocks! If you are looking for functional checkering get their "fish scale" checkering. For looks get the laser scrole and have your initials on it. They put a buffalo on mine

SCI lifer
NRA Patron
DRSS
DSC

Posts: 654 | Location: Denver, Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input guys. beer

I'm still mulling over the options.