New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser TG Extension
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was looking at some of my old Mauser stocks and noticed this one has a shotgun style TG extension inletted into it. Does anyone make an extension that can be added to a commercial Mauser TG that may fit this?

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 960 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
No those were custom made by German gunsmiths. Ugly and useless, you will have to make one.

Posts: 17165 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I may try to make a walnut or birch filler first.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 960 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Grinch:
I may try to make a walnut or birch filler first.

That would be the easiest

Posts: 19428 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd bet that was for a shotgun type trigger guard...seen on some vintage examples. You cn look at the one offerd by Recknagel In my catralo;g # 8 it's on page 25

Posts: 3489 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe I have a brand-new steel shotgun guard for this application. It would need to be fitted by someone who understood how to do it. Contact me if you are serious. Cost about $100.

ACGG Life Member, since 1985

Posts: 1794 | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the offer, but I’m in the process of making a piece from some contrasting wood off an old stock forearm.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net