THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Remington Model 48 Shotgun Replacement Stock, Forearm Source

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington Model 48 Shotgun Replacement Stock, Forearm Source
 Login/Join

posted
I've been looking for a source for a new stock and forearm for an old Remington Model 48 I recently aquired. I've had luck with finding used sets but I would really like to buy something new since i'm refinishing the gun. Any Ideas? Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might check with numrich gun parts web site is e-guns I think.They should be able to help you.Good Luck

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This one have the "hump back?" Remington 11's were almost exact copies of Browning A5's. As I recall, there were successors with modifications to make "making" easier. 58's had the rounded receiver. Point, since this gun is descended of the Browning A5... [1100 replaced them all.] I suspect you might be able to fit A5 wood without too much trouble. My retired gunsmith buddy clued me in a long time ago. He said that you could put parts from an A5 into an 11 or vice versa but they had to be fitted. Browning is metric and the Remingtons were still American (inch). Brownells takes questions by email. If anyone knows, they do and might have wood to suit you. LUCK.