New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions about bedding a CZ527.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have two CZ527's, one a .223 CZ527 American sporter that shoots almost into 1 hole right out of the box, the other a CZ527 LUX Hornet that shoots groups with nearly 1" extreme spreads that acts like it needs the action bedded.

I've noticed that the Hornet's barrel sometimes bottoms on the bottom of the barrel channel, and I'll enlarge the channel to make sure it is really "free" floated, and then test it to see if that fixes the problem.

That said, when I had the action out of the stock it looked like a rather interesting bedding problem.

The magazine well, part of the trigger guard, actually fits up through the stock and into the bottom of the action. There is a rear pillar but no front pillar. It looks like the front screw tightens the receiver down against the magazine well much like it was a pillar.

The recoil lug is integral to the bottom of the receiver. The receiver itself has a flat bottom and is supported along the edges back past the magazine well. There is a pillar for the tang screw.

I'll probably end up bedding the action to the stock with the barrel free floated, but before I do that, I'd like to know if any of you have bedded the CZ527, and if so, how you did it and if it helped or not?

Thanks
Fitch

Posts: 153 | Location: Carlisle, PA | Registered: 04 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What if you stick a flat piece of plastic (like a cut up credit card) between the stock and the flat part at the front of the action? That might "float" the barrel and let you test what bedding might do for the accuracy. I've never epoxy bedded a 527 but it doesn't sound much different than anything else. Post up some pictures maybe?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jpl:
What if you stick a flat piece of plastic (like a cut up credit card) between the stock and the flat part at the front of the action? That might "float" the barrel and let you test what bedding might do for the accuracy. I've never epoxy bedded a 527 but it doesn't sound much different than anything else. Post up some pictures maybe?

I am out of town for a few days - I'll take some pictures and post them when I get back. The difference is easy to see in a picture.

Fitch

Posts: 153 | Location: Carlisle, PA | Registered: 04 August 2007Reply With Quote