Find
Notify
Tools

cz550 and trigger
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
HI,

I was talking to a gunsmith and thought I may have misunderstood what he said. I thought he told me that the trigger on the cz550 are more complacated then it needs to be and that there are no custom triggers that work withe cz550 action?Is this true or maybe I have misunderstood what he said?. Thanks,Kev

Posts: 1002 | Location: ALASKA, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
Kev--

The 550 has a very good (but ugly) single set trigger that works extremely well. I don't know of any aftermarket triggers available.

I love 'em.

<manhasset>
posted
American Hunting Rifles offers a custom trigger thats completly adjustable as an option on one of their 550 models. Never saw it but its mentioned on their web page.
Bob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have know gun smithing knowledge, but I use my cz's a fair bit and there triggers work really well, I think you will find you will not need to add a new trigger.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
I really like the single set-trigger on both of my CZ's!

Good Hunting,

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
I just received my first CZ (416 Rigby). The rifle is very utilitarian. Perfect! [Smile] I certainly won't be afraid to hunt with this gun. I measured the trigger pulls. 3 1/4 lbs and 10 oz with the set. Real nice.

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, the trigger has more parts than strictly necessary. Triggers are one area where European engineers really like to show there is another way to do it! Nonetheless, it is a good trigger and there is no real reason to replace it. At least it features no zinc castings or bent sheetmetal parts. It is an improvement over the previous ZKK triggers. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3784 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HI,

Thanks for the information, I guess I will stay with the cz trigger. I have no choice, but it seems it is just fine as it is. Thanks,Kev

Posts: 1002 | Location: ALASKA, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the main problem with the 550 trigger is that in the larger calibres with heaps of recoil, a lot of wood has to be removed between the mag well and trigger lever to fit the unit in there. This is one of the weakest areas of the stock and the more wood left there the better.

Posts: 500 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I installed the AHR trigger, it was $65+shipping (Thanks to Mims Reed an Hunters HQ).
The cut out in the bottom metal needs to be enlarged.

I dont think to much of the set feature and the thin original trigger, but
thats just me.

I will not encourage You to do the same ( the trigger might be unbalanced if not done properly), but there is no way in hell I�m going back to the original one.
Not only is the AHR trigger wider (.275"), it is also shaped so it is positioned further back in the triggerguard.
I have not drop tested the rifle from 2 feet off the ground (with the safty off)to see if its sensitive, but it manages 10 bounces form 1 foot (pacmayer 1" recoil pad)

All the best

Jens

Posts: 57 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
My CZ550 in Safari style came with the set trigger installed and a standard trigger with adjustment screwdriver in a blue velvet bag. It was a demo rifle that originated with the importer in KC MO. Purchased it at the NRA big gun show at KC in July a few years ago. Maybe three years ago. Maybe they still come that way? I'm still looking at finding a fullstock CZ in 9.3X62. Just not totally satisfied with the Euro hump back stock as I have to end up midget-izing the thing at 12 1/2" LOP. [Eek!]

one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Packrat,

http://gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=6045771

is a Mannlicher BRNO 9.3X62...jim dodd

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote