Find
Notify
Tools

760 Remington
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gents,

A few questions regarding the 760 Remington.

How difficult is it to remove the barrel from the action?
What would be the largest case that could be cycled through the action?
What pressure can the rotating bolt handle?
Is there a site that has exploded views of the action.

Thanks,

Roger QSL

Posts: 4428 | Location: Queen Creek , Az. | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roger....
I can't provide specific responses to your questions re: The mod. 760, but I checked Numrich's website and they do have a rudimentary schematic and parts list.
Hope this helps...
Cheers,
Don

Posts: 953 | Location: Florida | Registered: 17 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jay Turner of Anchorage did some work along these lines a few years back and wrote it up for _Rifle_ (or was it _Handloader_?) As I understand it the design's dependance on the barrel extension (which the locking lugs engage) make it a better candidate for reboring than for rebarreling. IIRC Turner did a 375'06 but was concerned about the depth of the screw holes used to attach the front sight. The action is built around the 30'06 cartridge so I'll guess the largest cartridge it might be rebored/rechambered to would be 9.3x62mm. Otherwise a fella could shop around for a 7600 in 35 Whelen which Remington has produced from time to time.

one of us
Picture of duikerman
posted Hide Post
The rotary bolts are as strong as a bolt action. They're chambered for the strongest loads of the '06 case and that's the 270. They will hold 65K PSI all day long.

Posts: 770 | Location: colorado | Registered: 11 August 2003Reply With Quote