THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Re: Adams and Bennett barrels fit new Savage actions?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Adams and Bennett barrels fit new Savage actions?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I spoke with A&B this morning and they said the larger dia. is NOT scheduled for 2005 but they do introduce things in mid-year so it's a wait and see. Anyone else make barrels for Savage 110? A&B isn't the only choice (I hope).
Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
Try E.R. Shaw.
They should be able to supply the large shank (1.120") barrel threaded and chambered in 416 Taylor for $135.00 (CM, in-the-white) or SS for $200.00.
I talked to them last week about re-barreling a Savage Mod 11, 7mm WSM to a "standard" 308 type round. There are a number of other problems with this conversion but a large shank barrel in 416 Taylor for an Accu-trigger (long action) Mod 110 should be OK. But, be prepared to wait for the barrel as they do not do "production runs" of barrel types and will schedule the work when your order is received.
Also, take a look at SavageShooters.com for more tech info on the Savage 110. ALL new Savage Mod 110's DO NOT have the large barrel shank. If you want a "high quality" large shank Savage 110 barrel Pac-Nor can supply one for about $450.00 and up. Good luck...

Jon

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering the same thing. I'll bet it's only a matter of time before the A&B folks get tooled up for the new ring size (I hope). I've got a couple projects where I'd like to use the accutrigger receiver. Any other ideas in the meantime would be good to hear. maxman

Posts: 337 | Location: Minnesota, USA | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote