New
Find
Notify
Tools

how to find??
 Login/Join

posted
a good gunsmith?
what is the best way? is there a gun smith certification?? what questions would you ask?

one of us
posted Hide Post
It depends on what I want him to do. I would not go looking for a precision riflesmith on a handgun forum. Usually word of mouth is an excellent way to find somebody.

Basicaly you can cruise forums like this, ask questions and decide for yourself if some of the answers that you get make sense.

You can always just go with the ones you read about in the magazines, again you need to look in the places that would be frequented by the type of gunsmith you need.

Just what type of gunsmith are you looking for?

Andrew

one of us
posted Hide Post
Some of the best in the World browse and post here from time to time. But as teal325 has pointed out, you kinda have to know what you are after before the search begins.

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Give your local and you could get some recommendations on the smith nearest you. Sometimes the best guy for the job will not be local though, I ship my stuff half a dozen states away now, and am thankful every time I do it.

It is true, a good number of the top smiths in the world come to this forum, I have no idea why, but I never complain about it. :-)

Post what you want to have done, you might even get one saying he can help out.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote