THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question on pre-64 model 70 ring spacing?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
All-

I was wondering if anybody might be able to tell me what the ring spacing requirements on a standard length (30-06) pre-64 model 70 with Leupold Dual Dovetail rings on the 2-pc base was? Long sentence, huh?

Specifically, I am trying to figure out if the older, shorter, pre "E", version of the Leupold 1.76-6x32 scope will work with a DD set-up on a pre-64.

I have "access" to such a scope, and would like to use the DD's for this set-up, but do not have the ring/base combo in hand nor do I have a set to try out.

Any help appreciated. BTW, the ring spacing on the old shorty is 4.6 in., so if it goes, I know it will be tight.

regards,

Bob

one of us
posted Hide Post
It would be bet to call Leupold directly and ask them

Look up www.leupold.com anda click on contact, and ask them the questions. they are very good about getting right back to you.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure either,but just removed a 2.5 x 8 36mm from one with two piece bases,just did work. No room to move scope either direction !

Posts: 339 | Location: tx | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BlackBart....The ring spacing measures 5 5/16 inches outside to outside. And 4 inches inside to inside. I measured my pre-64 model 70, 358 Winchester Featherweight, with a 2 3/4 power Redfield mounted in Leupold Dual Dovetail bases and rings. For what it's worth, the eye relief spacing works out just perfect, with little leeway for fore and aft movement. Hope this helps, Grant

Posts: 336 | Location: SE Minnesota | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote