Find
Notify
Tools

New rifle offering to be announced at SHOT Show
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted
Rumor mill has it that S&W, yes Smith and Wesson will be unvieling an AR clone in Carbine, conventional rifle, and Varmint style at the Las Vegas SHOT Show next month. I think it will happen, do you?

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That would be interesting. I have not heard of it or maybe It is like the carbine Glock is "supposed" to be making. I think it would be great and It would do S&W alot of good. The 500 and now an AR clone. Bussiness should be booming for them if they do reveal one. I personally would hold out for a glock carbine, but I dont' see it coming any time soon. Thanks for the possibly true info.-Ben

Posts: 412 | Location: Iowa, for now | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
They have issued a press release for their Military & Police M15, but no pictures that I know of yet. I also don't know the calibers other than 5.56 mm.

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another new intro at SHOT will be the Sako 85 series. I'll see what I can dig up on it and post it should anyone be interested. I understand that they will be including the 338 Federal as one of the offerings.

When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace - Luke 11:21
Suppose you were an idiot... And suppose you were a member of
Congress...But I repeat myself. - Mark Twain

Posts: 203 | Location: Back home in Texas | Registered: 20 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HunterJim:
They have issued a press release for their Military & Police M15, but no pictures that I know of yet. I also don't know the calibers other than 5.56 mm.

jim

AFAIK, it will be 5.56 for now.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw a Dow Jones news wire on it a couple days ago so it must be for real. About 20 yrs ago I bought my son a S&W 270 that really shoots nice. Curious to see how they progress with the new venture.

Posts: 1159 | Location: Florida | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote