Find
Notify
Tools

Granite Mt. Barreled Action
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted
This isn't mine but looks like a pretty good deal for someone looking to build a top-of-the-line 375:

GraniteMountain375

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It doesn't look to me like that triggerguard is fully finished. Is that they way they are delivered to the customer?

one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
quote:
It doesn't look to me like that triggerguard is fully finished

Are you freak'in kid'n me. I have over 8 hours polishing a 1999 Montana and there aint no where on it that smooth. I have not even made it to the trigger guard yet.

Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
That is the way they are delivered. They are what I would call a little "clunky".

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't have any need for something like that, but it is surely worth the money.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Gentlemen

Someone made one heck of a deal, congratulations beer

Cheers
/JOHAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluetick:
quote:
It doesn't look to me like that triggerguard is fully finished

Are you freak'in kid'n me. I have over 8 hours polishing a 1999 Montana and there aint no where on it that smooth. I have not even made it to the trigger guard yet.

Shawn

Just curious, why are you polishing it so much? Trying to get a mirror finish or something? The ones I seen look perfectly good for a hunting rifle.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
GMA makes a nice action, but it's almost a joke how rough they are given the price charged. It takes some serious stone and file work to warm one up.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Never having seen one, I must admit to some surprise that the GMA comes unfinished/polished? It just never occured to me.

Jaywalker

Posts: 1006 | Location: Texas | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote