New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 10/22 butt plate
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I don't know that this is the right place to ask, but I don't know of a better place. I just purchased a walnut deluxe model stock for my 10/22 on ebay. It is unfinished and is missing the butt plate. I know I can get one of the new rubber pads from Ruger that they put on the new guns, but I am trying to relive my youth somewhat and create a replica of the gun I got when I was a boy. That gun had the old style butt plate that was hard plastic or similar material with the Ruger symbol on it if I remember right. Either way it is the style that they used to put on the deluxe model. Does anyone here know where I can get one of those?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Posts: 437 | Location: S.E. Idaho | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hit the next gunshow in your area

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post

I too have one of those stocks I have been putting off selling. How much did you pay out of curiosity?

The butt plate is metal. Mine has the previous owners name engraved into it. If you have something interesting to trade for it I'd possibly be interested in filling the name in and refinishing it for you. Send me a PM if you are interested.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
However, if you want a new one Numrich has new ones for $20

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark, but the one I am looking for is for a straight butt. It is the one they used to put on the deluxe model stock. They still do the deluxe model, but they are putting a rubber pad on now. I would like to have the old style.

As far as the regular hardwood stocks they put on the standard 22's you can get them for a pittance on ebay. Everyone is buying the standard and then aftermarketing the crap out of them.

Posts: 437 | Location: S.E. Idaho | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote