New
Find
Notify
Tools

best place to buy commercial actions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Where is the most economical place that has an online web site to purchase a commerical action to make up a bolt action rifle. I know Brownells carry a few, but damn, their prices show they are too proud of them to sell them. I am just toying with an idea at the moment. Thanks for any help ... Tom Purdom

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of the better places is to hang around the classifieds here on AR. Or even put an ad in the classifieds stating exactly what you are looking for. You never know what you might find.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ron Shirk Shooting Supplies still list some Charles Daly 30-06 actions in their latest catalog. Stock number CDGM2206. 717-272-5671. They are wholesale only.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
What kind (brand) are you looking for?

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolland:
Ron Shirk Shooting Supplies still list some Charles Daly 30-06 actions in their latest catalog. Stock number CDGM2206. 717-272-5671. They are wholesale only.
Charles daly use to sell FN barrleled actions ect.since then they discontiuned these actions in there line of imports and Zastava copany whom made these is in partnership with Rem arms now,and these bolt actions are now on Rem lists of firearms.I believe the are 798&799. van

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I really do not have any one specific action in mind and this project, if it turns into a project, would be a long, long time away. I just wanted to see what might be available out there and then investigate the pros and cons of each. Tom P

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I would check out local gunshows and pawnshops for a 50s vintage FN Deluxe or Supreme in the guise of a Sears, Monkey Wards, HVA, H&R, no-name, etc. sporter. You should be able to find one for $250-$350. No better Mauser period.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote