THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any good aftermarket stocks for a Savage?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of dogcatcher223
posted
Any good synthetic stocks for a Savage 110? Not sold on B&C, and i was hoping for aluminum pillars or bedding blocks.

Really starting to not like owning a Savage. They are cheap but if the barrel goes you are SOL, and there are limited aftermarket accesories out there.

one of us
posted Hide Post
MPI, McMillan, Stockade in fiberglass. Choate and Ramline in plastic. Most of those have several styles with and without pillars or bedding blocks.

But if you just want to get rid of that ugly gun, send it my way [Big Grin]

Posts: 211 | Location: SEAK USA | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote
<RVB>
posted
Also check out Sharp Shooter Supply

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
 - SHARP SHOOTERS SUPPLY I think they sell hunter styles too. Very nice stock. There are also LOTS of company's that sell laminated stocks too. I don't understand your comment about the barrel, You change it out with nothing but a wrench.

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dogcatcher223
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input. My comment about the barrel is this...I have a 30.06 that is pitted and old. Wanted to get a new barrel. No one has a 30.06 barrel for it. Contacted Savage, they won't just sell me the barrel. And they won't let me send it in to be rebarreled cause it is pre 1995. A&B does not offer a 30.06, and i am not willing to put a $300+ barrel on it since the gun only cost me $290 in 1987. I finally found a barrel from a gunsmith that pulled it for a conversion.

I will check out those stocks that were mentioned, thanks!

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Dogcatcher: '06 take off barrels are a dime a dozen. Check on ebay, with your local smith, or call Fred Moreo at Sharp Shooters Supply: 419 695-3179. Price should be nothing to about $50 for new take-off. HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dogcatcher223
posted Hide Post
Dutch, checked ebay and called SSS. Neither one had any barrels. SSS told me to call back periodically and check. I found an almost new one on gunbroker for $45. my point is i bet with a Remington you would not have such tough luck trying to get a new barrel, or stock etc. Plus a Remington might warrant springing for the $400 barrel if it needed replaced.

one of us
posted Hide Post
U might want 2 check with Lock,Stock& Barrel they list 7 styles all with pillars and internal aluminum skelton(????) www.lockstock.com
I know nothing about the stocks BUT I do khow if U R not satisied U can return it''''''''''''
As 4 barrels Midway is offering Pre-chambered bbl,,4 Savage.

D U think it will FLY'''''''''''''''

Posts: 160 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Midway may have one they are doing a barrel deal now on savage.

Posts: 175 | Location: mineral wells texas | Registered: 12 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dogcatcher223
posted Hide Post
Midway only carries the caliber barrels that are not stcck Savage. I talked to them and they told me they only carry the odd balls cause so many people do conversions. Said they aren't going to have any 30.06 anytime soon.