THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Looking for M70 triggersmith in southern California

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for M70 triggersmith in southern California
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of South40
posted
I have a M70 varmint rifle that desperately needs trigger work. Any recommendations for getting the work done in southern California?

Posts: 442 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 28 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello South40,

Can't help you find a gunsmith in your area, but adjusting the M70 trigger is not all that difficult:

http://www.snipercountry.com/Articles/AdjustingWinTrigger.htm

Good luck, Bill

Posts: 1169 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 January 2002Reply With Quote
<MontanaMarine>
posted
I've had work done by Duncan's Gunworks in San Marcos, when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton.

I was very happy with two rebarreling jobs I had done.

MM

one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MontanaMarine:
I've had work done by Duncan's Gunworks in San Marcos, when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton.

I was very happy with two rebarreling jobs I had done.

MM

I second that. Duncan's does excellent work. Jeff

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of South40
posted Hide Post
I've heard that Duncan's is very slooooooow, sometimes taking over a year to even look at a rifle. Any other suggestions?

Posts: 442 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 28 March 2001Reply With Quote
<MontanaMarine>
posted
http://www.recguns.com/Sources/XIK.html

You should be able to find someone on this list.

MM

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with George Mathews. He's located on Paramount Blvd in Downey....
Might give him a call...562.928.2129

BR

Posts: 50 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
My wife and I use Duncan's for any serious gun work we have done.

As far as time to repair, it has varied from 2 weeks to one year. It depends on the job.

The two week job was on a Kimber M89 and was the technical equivalent of a trigger job. By the way, Bud Duncan's shop policy is not to go below 3 pounds on rifle triggers.

The one year job was a restocking of my wife's left hand M70 Classic. It involved using the factory stock as a try stock, cutting it down to fit her (shorten stock and remove a piece in the wrist area). Then that stock went off with a great English walnut blank to be rough turned on a duplicator. When that came back Lazslo did the final bedding, inletting and exterior work.

They do good work.

jim dodd

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bolsa Gunsmithing is great for trigger work. They are located just off of the 405 fwy and Goldenwest. Close to Huntington Beach, but in the city of Westminster.

If you want to go the Duncan route with less time and expense, one of the posters here, Fred338, knows Laszlo (the gunsmith there I believe) and can put you in touch with Laszlo directly. Laszlo lives very close to where the 5/405 come together in Lake Forest. Good luck.

Tim

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote