New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 527
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Ok, I just picked up a CZ 527 Carbine in 7.62X39 that will be my daughter's future deer rifle (she's 1 year oldSmiler). My intention is to install a Lothar Walther barrel in 6.5 Grendal on it for a nice little medium game rifle. I was thinking if I don't get to that right away, I will shoot it a bit in the 7.62X39 just for kicks.

My question is, what is the bore dia. of the barrel and what bullets would be a good choice to in it??? I have virtually no experience with this chambering, and just see a bunch of cheap ammo for it, so I'll be handloading and would appreciate some input.

Thanks!

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1182 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matt salm:
Ok, I just picked up a CZ 527 Carbine in 7.62X39 that will be my daughter's future deer rifle (she's 1 year oldSmiler). My intention is to install a Lothar Walther barrel in 6.5 Grendal on it for a nice little medium game rifle. I was thinking if I don't get to that right away, I will shoot it a bit in the 7.62X39 just for kicks.

My question is, what is the bore dia. of the barrel and what bullets would be a good choice to in it??? I have virtually no experience with this chambering, and just see a bunch of cheap ammo for it, so I'll be handloading and would appreciate some input.

Thanks!

It's either .310" or .311" I don't remeber which exactly. I've used only factory loads and been pleassed as punch. Many folks report excellent accuracy with .308" projectiles.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4863 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote