New
Find
Notify
Tools

gun smith in central West Virginia
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I live "up a holler" about 60 miles north of Charleston. Any good gun smiths (I'm talking about rebarrelling) within say 100miles?

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
<heavy varmint>
posted
Beeman, give Flat Top Arms a call and ask for Joel (255-9470) He is there resident gunsmith.

They are located in Beckley.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks heavy. There's one up toward Charleston but he seems to be covered up. Have you had any work done by Joel? Or seen any of his work?

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beemanbeme:
Thanks heavy. There's one up toward Charleston but he seems to be covered up. Have you had any work done by Joel? Or seen any of his work?

Posts: 9 | Location: E. TN. | Registered: 28 August 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
beemanbeme:

Are you anywhere near Grantsville? Did a little hunting there last week....

BigDogMK

Posts: 9 | Location: E. TN. | Registered: 28 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BigDog, not sure. (I'm not a local and I don't have a map in here) I'm just about the center of the state. Closest town with a population of over 10 is Gassaway or Sutton.

one of us
Picture of Quarter Round
posted Hide Post
Bman, Douglas Barrels http://benchrest.com/douglas/ in Charleston might be worth a look.
I'm south of you about 50 mi. and have the similar issue of finding a gunsmith that can handle the various gun issues needing corrected. I expect someone hanging the gunsmith shingle out to be able to do the work.
Another in the Buchannon http://www.tack-driver.com/ Haven't been able to contact by email, suppose I should try the phone number.

<heavy varmint>
posted
Beeman, PM sent.