New
Find
Notify
Tools

Synthetic Stocks for Pre64 Mod 70
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Who besides McMillan and the Echol’s version of McMillan is making a synthetic stock for the Pre64 Winchester Model 70 ?
Is Brown Precision back in production?

Posts: 731 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Legendary Action Works shows a Pre64 Featherweight stock on its website. LAW seems presently to be back in business... I have Mauser and Remington composite stocks by an earlier version of the firm that I consider first rate.

Posts: 80 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 11 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4WD:
Who besides McMillan and the Echol’s version of McMillan is making a synthetic stock for the Pre64 Winchester Model 70 ?
Is Brown Precision back in production?

Mark Brown had the company moved to Texas a couple years ago or so.He makes top notch Stocks.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brown precision makes a beautiful fitting stock, I have a few and really like them, two are Kevlar pounders.
They are available as blanks but if you buy the kevlars they are not easy to work with unless you have experience with kevlar.
BB

Posts: 401 | Location: CANADA | Registered: 06 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found it to be better for me to send my TI receiver and pencil barrel to Mark and received a beautiful and bedded Kevlar stock.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote