One of Us
posted
Anyone know or heard of this fellow?

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1488 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lyman Klewe

Lyman E Klewe's Ohio Voter Registration
Akron, Ohio

Lyman E Klewe (age 94) is listed at 3023 Woodland Rd Akron, Oh 44312 and is affiliated with the Republican Party. Lyman is registered to vote in Summit County, Ohio.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was looking for anyone who might have interacted with or known him.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I opened this just to see what new piece of reloading equipment Lyman introduced, called a Klewe.

Posts: 17173 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't got a Klewe either.

Sorry FAL, I am weak and couldn't stop myself. It will keep the topic at the top.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I like yours better.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You Dummies! Everybody knows that is a bird from Australia or New Zealand!

Posts: 1866 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dancing

It was good for a chuckle if nothing else.

The kids and I went to his auction a few weeks ago. Still living as far as I know, but he had to move in with family as he was no longer able to take care of himself.

The kids spent better part of 6 hours lugging parts, barrels, tooling, etc to the truck. As fast as I bought it, they filled the bed, briming above the bed rails. I would guesstimate they hauled well over 2000 lbs of steel during the course of the day including well over 300 barrels of all makes and shapes.

Mr. Klewe was quite an accomplished machinist, gunsmith, tool maker, and whatchamajigger maker. It would be a shorter list of guns I DID NOT see barrels or parts for. I bought 10-12 drawer dividers full of tools, jigs, fixtures, cutters, parts, gauges, collets, etc. Sorting through it I filled a 15 gallon drum, and a 5 gallon bucket full of cutters, fixtures, widgets, whatsits, etc that went to the scrap yard. Unfortunately all unmarked.

I counted over 60 bread pans, all full of tooling and fixtures. The biggest takeaway for any of you that care, is to LABEL YOUR STUFF!!! Most of the stuff I would have loved to save, but god only knows what it was for.

It may amaze you futher to know, that I was one of 6 main buyers at the auction, and probably 5th or 6th in rank for quantity bought and $$$ spent. Unfortunately I had neither the time, space, nor funds to purchase any of the machines. Most of them were going to the scrap yard.

I saved 3 filing cabinets worth of crap that was going to get pitched. Everything from old magazines to machinery catalogs. There was a complete set of American Rifleman from the changeover from Man at Arms in the 20's? to today. Someone bought that for $20 including the 3 metal filing cabinets they were in.

There was a gorgeous Gorton 3-L that had an impressive stack of tooling. It broke my heart to let it go. It was far nicer than my P2-3, I mean, near mint. It sold for $150 and the incredible pile of tooling I bid up to $500. I had already spent far more than I intended by that point. Rigging was going to be $350 and delivery another $150. Tow motor another $350. Then the time to find the space.

I posted in hopes that maybe someone had heard of him or interacted with him. The crazy variety and breadth and depth was incredible. I have bins with crazy contraption fixtures for modifying? making? triggers of some kind. Beautifully partially machined parts that are some sort of bolt head for a gun I have yet to identify. Reloading dies. Bullet extruding dies, on and on and on.

So lessons for you guys to take away.

Label your STUFF!!!

Better, find someone to pass it onto before you pass on.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well----Glad you made out and you have to admire Mr. Klewe!!!

Hip

Posts: 1866 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yep, glad you found him.
I ain't labeling nothing. Won't be my problem will it?