Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger No.1 rebarrel - who's good?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello,
Any suggestions on who to get my Ruger No.1 rebarreled by? I'm thinking about having Pac-Nor do it, but would welcome any suggestions. What I'd like to do is rebarrel to a 26-28 inch .375 H&H in stainless steel.

Thanks!

Posts: 5184 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
If PAC-NOR gunsmithing looks as good as their barrels do, I would have them do it in a heart beat. Their prices are more than reasonable and the .404 Jeffrey barrel I bought from them is a slick piece of work. It has the best exterior finish I ever saw on a blank.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's good to hear. Their website is pretty slick, they seem to be dedicated to the business, and I haven't heard of any problems with the company. Additionally, a couple of gunsmiths I've seen on line recommend Pac-Nor's barrels.

Posts: 5184 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Arthur Brown does a great job. Check out their web site. http://www.eabco.com I had them rebarrel a Ruger #1 action I had. I also had them do their accuracy package. I had it chambered to 30-06 AI. The gun is a real tack driver. No problem shooting sub MOA.

Posts: 21 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 18 October 2005Reply With Quote