Find
Notify
Tools

Barrel re-boring in Washington
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of brianbo
posted
Does anyone know anyone in Washington or Oregon that does barrel re-boring? If so, who? Has anyone ever had this done and what kind of accuracy did you have with the rebored barrel.

thanks.

Regards,
Brian

Meet "Beauty" - 66 cal., 417 grn patched roundball over 170 grns FFg = ~1950 fps of pure fun!

"Scotch Whisky is made from barley and the morning dew on angel's nipples." - Warren Ellis

NRA Life Member

Posts: 479 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: 10 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
LaBounty Precision Reboring, Maple Falls WA 360-599-2047; Redman's Rifling & Reboring, Omak WA, 509-826-5512.

I think there are others in WA or OR. Check the Reboring & Rerifling section of your Gun Digest - there's quite a list of such places in the U.S.

I've had two barrels rebored-on from .33 Win. to .45/70 and one from .348 Win. to .450 Alaskan. Had never shot the .33, but it was in bad shaope. The .450 AK shot better AFTER it ewas rebored. Both of mine were done by the old A&M Rifle Co., of Prescott AZ, and were beautifully done. The .45/70 shot well also.
Good luck.

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm getting ready to ship one to Jim Dubell at Delta Gun Shop. Here's a link to his site:

Dubell

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in. --- Greek Proverb

Posts: 714 | Location: Sorexcuse, NY | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cliff Labounty is no longer doing reboring. He's got a large government contract that's taking all of his time. When I called Mr. Labounty last year, he recommended Dan Pedersen. Mr. Pedersen's web site is www.cutrifle.com. I had Mr. Pedersen rebore a .22 Hornet Browning Lo-Wall to .32 H&R. Although I just got the gun back last week and am still doing testing, the preliminary results were quite satisfactory. Cost was $265 plus shipping both ways.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cliff LaBounty's business along with the business name has been sold to Jim Dubell that is mentioned above. Jim has been trained by Cliff and now has all his machines in his shop in Eastern Washington.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brianbo
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I knew Mr. LaBounty was not doing reboring any longer...
I wasn't aware of Jim Dubell's shop.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Brian

Meet "Beauty" - 66 cal., 417 grn patched roundball over 170 grns FFg = ~1950 fps of pure fun!

"Scotch Whisky is made from barley and the morning dew on angel's nipples." - Warren Ellis

NRA Life Member

Posts: 479 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: 10 March 2005Reply With Quote