Find
Notify
Tools

Open sights for a 280 Ackley
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Ravenwolf
posted
Hi all. I have a 280 AI built on a Rem 700 BDL, 23" SS #3 Hart barrel and Leupold QD rings/mount system. Originally I used the rifle for Woodchuck and Coyote hunting and had it bedded in a laminated wood thumbhole stock, topped off with a 6-20X scope. It doesn't get used much now and so I restocked it with a synthetic stock (to lighten it up), added a 2.5-8x scope and would like to add some open sights to make this an all around big game hunting rig. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as to type of sights to add. I prefer peeps but don't know if there are any peep sights that can mount into the Leupold QD mount. Thanks...RW

Posts: 82 | Location: Bloomfield, NY, USA | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ravenwolf,

There are lots of peep sights that fit on Weaver bases...but I have not seen any that attach to QD bases. Maybe someone else has and they will post a source for them.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ravenwolf
posted Hide Post
Somewhere I read or saw an ad that had a Peep that could fit the Leupold QD base, but for the life of me can't find it now. I'll probably have to find/install a standard adjustable rear sight and front sight. Open to suggestions...RW

Posts: 82 | Location: Bloomfield, NY, USA | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hi...i think ure talking bout the Brockman Peep Sight assembly that can be incorporated into the rear base of your mount, it sits at the back of the base and pops up when u remove the scope(for Talley mounts) check out this link http://www.brockmansrifles.com/sight_options.asp ..
hope this helps!

Regards,

Zubin

One shot..meat! Two shots...maybe...Three shots...heap shit! - Old Indian adage

Posts: 137 | Location: Pune, IN | Registered: 31 January 2005Reply With Quote