New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thumbs-up for Montana Rifle Company
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
After some of the negativity surrounding MRC lately, I thought I'd post a good report...

Last year, I bought two of their short actions. I went through my "required waiting period", and they showed up. They looked good right off the bat.

Then last week, I received a "Past Due" invoice for a small amount. Seems there was a little misunderstanding on one issue. I made a call & spoke with a saleswoman, and explained my case. She said that unfortunately the salesman I dealt with back then is no longer there, that he didn't have the authority to do what he did anyway, and that only the owner could've authorized what had happened. So... I asked to speak to the owner. "He's in a meeting...". I was thinking, well, I'm screwed, but at least I tried.

Then, lo and behold, a few hours later the phone rings. It was the owner. The woman I spoke to DID pass on to him what I had said, and he was calling to say that he agreed that the right thing to do was to simply cancel the charge.

The amount wasn't much, and the details aren't important, but I was impressed with the manner with which he handled it, and quite promptly as well. Misunderstandings happen, but when a company responds like this, it more than makes up for it.

So for those still waiting for your actions, hang in there. It's worth the wait!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a thumbs up for MRC as well. I just received my 280 Rem and I plan ordering a 375 H&H very soon. They kept me posted throughout the process and it was a pleasure dealing with them.

Doug

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
I saw my first CZ/MRC rifle today. It had a very nice piece of wood as factory guns go but had gaps around the rear of the action that could hide a family of chipmunks. But still a nice factory rifle. The price was $700. I think it's a MRC action and barrel. Can you get a MRC barreled actioned including the blueing for that price? The action also had much better polishing than the speciman I received. Seemed like a good deal.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Cold Bore

What did you end up making out of those actions?

Blue

blue-

Sorry for the slow response...

I made a real nice set of matching box fillers with them.

Yep, they're both still in the boxes they were shipped in, just sitting in the safe. I have too many projects going on right now, and "need" absolutely nothing in way of new guns, so I'm "contemplating" my options.

They are both standard shorts. I think one will become a 250 Savage. For some reason, I've always wanted one of those... The other may become a 260, or possibly a 308. But heck, I've got 243's, 7mm-08, etc already, so am I *really* getting anything new by going that route?

What would YOU do with them? I'm always open to suggestions...

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
I think a .250-3000 AI would be a nice cartridge.

Posts: 4863 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Elkslayer
posted Hide Post
Consider making one into a 358 win. Or if you like the enjoyment of hearing "I give up, what the hell cartridge is that anyway", have it built into a 338-08.

Posts: 452 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 15 November 2002Reply With Quote