Find
Notify
Tools

Strange Rem 700 barrel
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted
I took this 7mm STW barrel off a new M700 that was brought in for rebarrel. The barrel is 100% factory bead blast blued. Not sure that it isn't stainless but it is strange that it does not have any factory info midway on the barrel.
(Remington Arms Co. Ilion, NY Made in USA ete, etc) Anyone seen this before? What model 700 is is for? bewildered

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
A BDL? Big Grin Maybe from their custom shop.

The displaced metal into the bolt nose recess from the "W" stamp tells me it was likely done by one of their custom shop craftsmen.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Westpac:
A BDL? Big Grin Maybe from their custom shop.

The displaced metal into the bolt nose recess from the "W" stamp tells me it was likely done by one of their custom shop craftsmen.

Yep BDL. I was kind of thinking the same. The stamping on the bolt nose recess had my scratching my head too. bewildered

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Yankee Station

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Remington custom shop rifles I've seen such as the KS Custom have proof marks & hand stamped cartridge markings but not Remington roll stamp markings.

Mark Pursell

Posts: 545 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M Pursell:
Remington custom shop rifles I've seen such as the KS Custom have proof marks & hand stamped cartridge markings but not Remington roll stamp markings.

Thanks M P. Hmm.. that 7mm stw does not look to be roll marked. On close inspection the 7mm looks to be one stamp & the STW looks to be another stamp. The STW in not in line with the 7MM either. It's lower.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Yankee Station