New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bipod on pumps?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just wondering if anyone has ever put a bipod on a pump action rifle? Is this even possible? If it is possible I assume that it would mount to the barrel the same way the sling would. If this is the case what effects does this have on the shot, being mounted to the barrel instead of the stock. (I’m a right hander that shoots left. Its easiest to shoot a pump for me if taking more than one shoot.) Thanks

Posts: 65 | Location: Western Australia, Australia. / Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 16 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I think that using shooting sticks is far more convenient than using a bipod with very few exceptions. You may consider a telescoping model from Stoney Point or similar. The ones I use adapt quickly for use standing, kneeling and sitting, but if you want to shoot prone, which I've found to be the least used shooting position in hunting, a bipod would work best.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bipods are an abomination on anything. Thankfully, your pump action precludes the use of a bipod. You should be thankful! Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3765 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote